Coldwater Animal Clinic was founded in 1944 by Dr. Norman Slavik. He was later joined by his brother, Dr. Jim Slavik. The first clinic was built on East Vine Street in Coldwater. In 1972, Dr. Norman Slavik II joined the practice followed by Dr. Dan Hellwarth in 1979. Our current groomer, Elaine Ebbing, joined the Coldwater Animal Clinic team in 1986. Dr. Urban Seger joined the practice in 1988 and is a current owner and practicing vet.
As the practice grew, a satellite small animal clinic was opened on Greenville Road in Saint Marys, Ohio in 1988 (St. Marys Veterinary Clinic). In 1994, the current clinic in Coldwater was built on Harvest Drive. Dr. Bret Rochotte joined the practice in 1998 and is currently an owner and practicing vet.
In 2007, Coldwater Animal Clinic merged with Ft. Recovery Veterinary Center at which time Dr. Kimberly Forthofer-Braun joined as an owner and remains the full time vet at the Ft. Recovery office. Dr. Christen Daniel was hired as an associate vet in 2008. Dr. Becky Pentecost joined the practice in 2013 and is currently an owner and practicing vet.
For after hours emergencies, please call us at (419) 394-7866
and you will be directed to the doctor on call.
St. Marys Veterinary Clinic
1225 E. Greenville Road
St Marys, OH 45885